Sense n Cents

29 June 2008

Wanted!

I think i just want to share a story that just really stuck to me over the years.. I cant really recall who told me to it already but the idea behind it still amazes me no less.

A rich businessman drives this car right up to the front porch of the banking hall. Walks up to the banker and says:

"Hey, I want to borrow $1000 for 3days."

Well, his banker, knowing how rich he is and all is befuddled by the fact that he wants to borrow $1000 when he has millions in his cash account alone. But doesn't ask anything and proceeds to do the paperwork.

"The customer is always right."
he thought.

Rich man goes on to say,
" I want to put my car as collateral for the loan."

Now the banker was really really curious! But being a banker, he had to respect his customer's wishes.

"The customer is always right." he thought.

So the Dodge Viper SRT210 was put down as collateral for the $1000 loan.

Come Monday when the businessman came in to settle his loan,
The banker, who spent the whole weekend trying to make sense of putting down the car as collateral for a $1K loan that he didn't need finally asked him why...

The businessman replied,

"Where else could i park my car for 3 days and not worry about it being stolen? For $15 dollar interest paid over the weekend, I was able to ensure that my car would be safely kept, and not worry about it while i went overseas for my business trip."

"The customer is right."


btw: do catch "Wanted", watched it last night, it was an entertaining movie! And yes, a dodge viper was in it! oooh....
As to why i think this story is amazing is because of the complete turnaround of use of the services provided by a bank!

No comments:

Contributors